The SCOS Board and SCOS 2017 in Rome have provided some bursaries targeting Ph.D. Students and Early Researchers. Each bursary covers the conference registration fee, which covers full conference attendance, meals and social events. The bursary does not cover transport and accommodation costs.
If you would like to apply for a bursary, please send an email motivating your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Febrary 28, 2018.
We will be interested to know:
- Your name and institution
- The title of the abstract that you have submitted to SCOS/ACSCOS 2018
- The current stage of your PhD studies (e.g., completed first year; writing up; submitted/awaiting viva) (PhD only)
- Your current funding and employment status (e.g., scholarship; self-funded; in full-time employment; in part-time employment)
- The current availability to you of funds for conference attendance, including any bids or requests that you have already tendered for funding for SCOS/ACSCOS 2018
- We would also like you to confirm that, if you were successful in receiving a bursary for SCOS/ACSCOS 2018 conference fees, you would yourself be able to fund travel, accommodation, and any other additional expense
- Finally, please add other information you feel is relevant to your application (100 words, maximum)